Thursday, September 25, 2008

One day trip back to Ipoh

Poh pi ang kong (Pray to god), let me go to Ipoh with grandma they all. Don't leave me alone in the house.
Ain't he cute with this pose?
Early in the morn, we started our journey to Ipoh. We had breakfast at old kopitiam in Ipoh Garden South. Had my long awaited hakka mee. There is no good hakka mee in Penang. I had to travel all the way to Ipoh to have one.
It came with yong tau foo, pricing at RM0.50 per piece.
Right after breakfast, we walked down memory lane.
First, we went back to our old secondary school to get sis's SPM cert. It's been almost 2 years. Now only she want to take it.
Then we went to our local hairdresser. We had been patronising the shop for as long as we were in Ipoh. The charges were dirt cheap. Even my mum can't help but to go back and had her hair done. That was my mum on the right.
Dad and baby were too bored they agreed to be my model ;)
Last place for us to visit was my old home. The house beside was as beautiful as ever, and our old house was as ruined as it can be. Since we left, the owner couldn't sell it off for his qouted his price too high.
Dinner was supposed to be in Batu Kawan for seafood. However, upon reaching there, my 'oolong' sis forgot the way to that place. Sigh...we had to go back to Island for dinner at last. We settled for Chulia Street.
There was so much variety there. Curry mee and Wantan mee is a must for us. Besides, we also ordered something we haven't tried there, Chai Kuey. Definitely not recommended. It tasted blantly.

No comments: